Welcome to RAAA In-House Baseball!
**ATTENTION PARENTS WHO ARE TRYING TO CHANGE JERSEY SIZE**
We have updated the Athletechs page to now allow editing to make sure that you can get the right jersey size for your child! Sorry for any inconvenience. You have until March 19th to edit your jersey sizes, so come out to our final jersey fitting night Thursday, the 22nd of February from 6-8 pm at the community center. Make sure that you order the right size!!
2018 In-House Baseball Details
General Program Information
We want our baseball players to learn the game, love the game and have some fun! All age groups are broken down by the grade level that your child is CURRENTLY attending during registration. Preschool (Pre-K) kids and the Kindergarten kids are divided into their own individual age groups. Pre-K will play tee ball, and Kindergarten will play coach-pitch baseball. Preschoolers must be 5 years old on 9/1/2018.
Starting in 1st grade, kids start to play real games (coach-pitch) and get to experience how a real game is set up. In 2nd grade, we utilize a pitching machine. This provides more-consistent pitching and prepares our 2nd graders for playing at the next age level. In 3rd-8th grade, kids will play live games, including kid-pitch. 2nd and 3rd graders play a season-ending tournament held during the last week of the season. For the kids in 4th-8th grade, we have a season-ending tournament on the last Friday and Saturday in June.
Follow Rosemount In-House Baseball on social media for updates and more:
A Few Registration Items
As 2018 registration begins to ramp up, I wanted to take a moment to answer a few questions that I have received.
First off, I wanted to remind everyone that in accordance with RAAA, we allow one mutual request per child. That request should go in the comments box of your child’s registration. This can be a child requesting a child, a child requesting a coach, OR a coach requesting a coach. Keep in mind that the request must be mutual to be honored. If Johnny requests Jimmy and Jimmy requests Johnny, they will be teammates. However, if Johnny requests Jimmy who requests Danny who requests Billy’s dad as a coach, none of these will be honored. We do not want teams to be daisy chained and stacked this way. We want to cultivate a program in which a child gets to play with a friend, but baseball is also a great opportunity to make new friends and build bonds with others in our child’s age group. We hope everyone can understand our stance!
Second, as you may have noticed, we are now requiring every player to supply his or her own helmet. Safety is our top priority and will always be. The district is working with us to put safety fences up at every field, but we cannot do it overnight. So until every field has the protected bench area, we have decided to mandate all kids on the bench to wear a helmet.
That being said, the last thing we want to do is make our program cost prohibitive. We will supply a few helmets, but there are not enough for everyone. If you need a helmet, talk to your coach and we will make sure that everyone is protected. I don’t want this equipment purchase to dissuade anyone from playing baseball this summer.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me and I will get back as soon as I can!
RAAA In-House Baseball Program Director
Many parents have asked which night their child will play/practice, so I am including our nightly schedule by grade. If for any reason we need to adjust this schedule, we will reach out to everyone ASAP.
- Pre-K – Kindergarten – 2nd – Monday and Wednesday
- 1st – 3rd – Tuesday and Thursday
- 4th/5th – 6th/7th/8th – Monday through Thursday
- Monday, March 19: Soft registration close (no late fees assessed)
- Monday, March 26: Hard registration close ($25 late fee for non-traveling baseball cuts)
- Tuesday, April 3: Teams posted to Athletechs (team jersey color included)
- Saturday, April 7: Season schedule posted to website
- Saturday, April 14 (9:00am-12:00pm): Coaches’ Clinic & Briefing at Rosemount High School (more information to come)
- Saturday, April 14 (12:00-12:30pm): Uniforms and equipment distributed to coaches
- Tuesday, April 17 (5:30-6:30pm): Equipment Swap at Rosemount Community Center, Room 221 (13885 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount, MN 55068)
- Tuesday, April 17 (6:30-7:30pm): Parent Meeting at Rosemount Community Center Auditorium (13885 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount, MN 55068)
- Friday, April 20: Deadline for pants, belt, socks & batting glove order from CA Gear (CA Gear Website Link)
- Monday, April 23: Season begins (weather permitting, and pending release of fields)
- Monday, April 23: Pants, belts, socks & batting gloves available for pickup from CA Gear (1157 E Cliff Road, Burnsville, MN 55337)
- Tuesday, May 22: Picture Night/Rosemount Baseball Day Event (no games or practices scheduled) *tentative date* (Will be updated before season starts)
- Monday, May, 28: Memorial Day (no games or practices scheduled)
Jersey and hat are provided.
We continue to partner with CA Gear (Nate Bry, owner) as our jersey supplier. CA Gear will again provide a pants/socks/belt combo and batting gloves for our players (optional purchase), and fan gear for parents, siblings, grandparents and other Irish Baseball fans (optional purchase).
- Baseball glove
- Batting helmet – Now required as a safety precaution. All players occupying the bench must wear helmets for safety.
Recommended, but not required
- Baseball pants (track pants work fine; no jeans or shorts, please)
- Cleats (tennis shoes work fine)
- Athletic supporter and cup
All other equipment (bat, batting gloves, etc.) is at your discretion. Each team equipment bag contains 2 bats.
- “Big barrel” bats are NOT allowed for use in RAAA-sanctioned play for Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, or 2nd Grade. All bat barrel diameters must be no bigger than 2 1/4″ for use in league activities
- For additional details, please follow this link: Equipment Buying Guide – Rosemount Baseball
Matt Norris – RAAA In-House Baseball Program Director (general program questions)
Stephanie Pucci- Uniforms Director (jerseys, hats, etc.)
Matt Norris – Rules/Umpires Director
Chaz Rice – Equipment Director
2018 Field Locations:
Baseball games and practices are located at schools and parks within the 196 School District and surrounding areas. (Click here for the Google Earth .kmz file)
- Brockway Park 13669 Bronze Parkway, Rosemount
- Bunker Hill Park 16755 Gerdine Path West, Lakeville
- Camfield Park 14795 Canada Avenue, Rosemount
- Chippendale Park 14876 Chrysler Avenue, Rosemount
- Dakota Ridge 4629 144th St. W, Rosemount
- East Community Park 16700 Pilot Knob Rd, Lakeville
- Meadows Park 13690 Azalea Avenue, Rosemount
- Parkview Elementary 6795 Gerdine Path, Lakeville
- RMS (Rosemount Middle School Fields) 3135 143rd Street West, Rosemount
- Red Pine Elementary 530 Red Pine Ln, Eagan
- Twin Puddles 14884 Dodd Boulevard, Rosemount
- Winds Park 15675 Chippendale Avenue, Rosemount
- City of Rosemount Trails and Parks Map
- 2017-18 Coaches’ Briefing – Minors (Pre-K – 2nd Grade)
- 2017-18 Coaches’ Briefing – Intermediate & Majors (3rd – 8th Grade)
- 2017-18 Coaches’ Clinic Handouts
- RAAA In-House Baseball Coaching Resource – General Guidance
- RAAA In-House Baseball Coaching Resource – Running
- RAAA In-House Baseball Coaching Resource – Throwing
- RAAA In-House Baseball Coaching Resource – Hitting
- RAAA In-House Baseball Coaching Resource – Fielding
- In-House Baseball Practice Plan
- Skill & Drill Sets
- Pitching Machine Coaches’ Guide
- Pitching Machine – Coaches’ Briefing Notes
These are not rules, and we are not asking coaches to exchange pitch counts. We are simply making this available as a resource to track pitch counts for your players. Inning limits are the rule of the league for, but pitch count should be taken into consideration for the safety of the players. For more information visit http://m.mlb.com/pitchsmart
- Pitching Tracker – Guidelines
- Pitching Tracker – 7-8 year olds
- Pitching Tracker – 9-10 year olds
- Pitching Tracker – 11-12 year olds
- Pitching Tracker – 13-16 year olds
- Pitching Tracker – 2 inning printable
- Pitching Tracker – 5 inning printable
Player Rotations (Fielding and Round-robin batting):
- 9 & 10 Positions – 9 to 15 Players (Includes All Combinations)
- 10 Position – 11 Players
- 10 Position – 12 Players
- 10 Position – 13 Players
- 10 Position – 14 Players
- 10 Position – 15 Players
Concussion Training and Background Checks:
- To ensure the safety of all of RAAA youth, RAAA requires background checks for all of our volunteers. If you have have been notified that you are coaching a team please complete your Background Check. This will be valid for 3 years for all RAAA sports. It only takes a couple of seconds!
- To ensure the safety of all of RAAA youth, RAAA requires concussion training certification for all of our volunteers. If you have have been notified that you are coaching a team please watch the approximate 30 minute concussion training video and then enter the date of your certification. This will be valid for 3 years for all RAAA sports. Please login to your family’s profile in the athletechs registration system using the following link: https://app.athletechs.com/myAccount Once logged in, click on your name, and then under your Person Profile, click on “Take Concussion Certification.” Once the training has been completed, please submit your completion date through this page under “Self-Reporting of Training Completion.” We have found that there are cases of people having more than one profile. When “self-reporting” be sure to report under the profile used to register for IH Baseball.