We are very excited to offer a youth cross-country program in Rosemount!
The main goal of the RAAA Cross Country program is to provide an enjoyable experience for kids interested in running. The aim is to provide guidance and opportunity to develop basic skills in distance running.
The kids will have the opportunity to participate in middle school and high school meets and will be competing in the mile distance with kids of similar age and abilities from the neighboring cities of Apple Valley and Eagan.
August 15- September 30
Boys and girls entering grades 2-5 in the fall of 2016
Running shoes required. T-shirts provided by RAAA
Parent volunteers required for practices and to help with meet set up, finish line tracking and awards.
- Season Will Kickoff on Monday Aug. 15 Practices will be Monday/Thursday from 6-7PM. We will meet behind the Rosemount High School near the soccer fields.
- Our Season Finale will be Tuesday Sept. 27. We will participate in a meet hosted by Rosemount Middle School and have a closing celebration after it!
- Proposed Meet dates– (More details to come)â
- Friday August 26– Rosemount High School- Alumni Meet- Youth 1 Mile Run- 7:15PM
- Friday Sept. 2 -Rosemount High School- Irish Invitational-Youth 1 Mile Run- Time TBD (AM)
- Thursday Sept. 6-EastView High School-EVAA Youth Meet- Youth 1 Mile- Time TBD (PM)
- Saturday Sept. 24-Apple Valley Middle School-5th & 6th Grade ONLY– Youth 1 Mile-Time TBD (PM)
- Tuesday Sept. 27-Rosemount High School-RMS Meet-Youth 1 Mile-Time TBD (PM)
- Please note: Meets are Encouraged but are not required to be in the program.