Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.
PCA knows our goal is to win, and they not only encourage that mentality, but look to take it a step further. PCA helps organizations such as ours to groom parents, coaches and athletes to win and teach your kids life lessons through sports. PCA embodies several beliefs to create Better Athletes, Better People.
- The Double-Goal Coach®, whose first goal is winning, and whose second, more-important goal is teaching life lessons through sport
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole
- Honor The Game
- ELM (Effort, Learning, Mistakes) Tree of Mastery
- ROOTS – Rules, Opponents, Officials, Teammates, Self
- Filling the Emotional Tank
More information can be found at the PCA Minnesota chapter website found here: https://www.positivecoach.org/chapters/minnesota
Information for Coaches: